Why this question of make meaningful work?
People spend considerable amounts of their time at work in projects that have little value.
Projects are part of a larger system we call "work".
Sometimes people feel work is :
So what is the overall impact on people at work?
What can sleepwalking feel like at work?
- Limited choices
- No time to think
- No energy
How can WE :
Make routines to contribute to the intention of wellness for people, work, projects, communities and economies for an enlightened future society?
WE need YOUR help to answer :
How can we make meaningful work?
What if you ...
- Possess all the social permission you need to change personal habits?
- Spent an hour of everyday examining the potential for significance of a project?
- Began listening to and imploring others for their motives rather than their threats?
- Replace “what do I stand to lose?” with “what might we all need to gain?”
- Openly discussed the projects you work on mattered and where the best work felt like play and the best play felt like work?
- Welcomed all disciplines to create a broader ‘community of aspiration’ and signed an implicit contract to make meaningful work for every project we put our hands to?
Calls to action
This is a hard question to answer and so WE will help to:
- Write articles about this question of - how can we make meaningful work?
- Use the articles to contribute to key themes
- Invite experts from a range of domains who can write about key themes
- Use the key themes to contribute directly to routines , ingredients and skills/nutrients
- Use the routines, ingredients and skills/nutrients to contribute to a holistic integrated practice as part of continuous learning
- Organise workshops and an annual event in 2017 onwards to help discuss frustrations that can lead to #sleepwalking and opportunities that can lead to #sparkle
- Contribute to a body of knowledge over time.
You can, in the meantime, join in the conversation going forward and let us know if you have any questions.
Dan & Jo
Founders of Make Meaningful Work